1850 E. Wolfe & Co. was established in London.
E. Wolfe & Co is a family-run fine jewellery business established in 1850 and still going strong in the centre of London.
Wolfe’s craftsmen specialise in creating bird and animal brooches, cocktail rings, engagement rings, cufflinks, bracelets, necklaces and earrings.
During the 19th century, E. Wolfe & Co became known as ‘The Tiara Makers’, creating more than a thousand tiaras during this period.
1902 – Produced for Carrington & Co the crown produced and worn for Queen Alexandra’s coronation in the same year.
1904 – Created the Connaught Diamond Tiara in worn recently by Queen Silvia of Sweden and her daughter Princess Madeleine.
1911 – Produced, for Garrard & Co., The Imperial Crown of India for the 1911 Delhi Durbar
1913 – Created the Cambridge Lover’s Knot Tiara subsequently worn by Diana Princess of Wales.
1917 – Created the ‘Russian Fringe’ Tiara for Garrard & Co, which was worn by the Queen Mother, by the current Queen for her wedding and also by Princess Anne, The Princess Royal on the occasion of her marriage.
2003 - Fifty percent of the tiaras exhibited in the celebrated Tiara Exhibition, at the Victoria and Albert Museum were made by E. Wolfe and Co. Further details on this exhibition can be found in the book ‘Tiaras: A History of Splendour’ Geoffrey Munn, Antique Collectors’ Club, 2003.
2012 – Wolfe is still going strong and producing beautiful jewels as it always has done, now under the ownership of Alan and Richard Cornelius