Parisian fine jeweller, Mauboussin, opened offices in Buenos Aires and London prior to New York, in 1929. The ill-timed opening of their New York branch coincided with the stock market crash the same year. As a result, the weakened Mauboussin merged with jeweller Trabert & Hoeffer, Inc.
Trabert & Hoeffer assumed Mauboussin’s name and took over their inventory forming Trabert, Hoeffer & Mauboussin. This lasted until the 1950’s when the arrangement between the two companies was terminated.
1930s The firm moved to Park Avenue, in New York City and during the subsequent decade expanded to Los Angeles, Miami Beach, Palm Beach, Beverly Hills, Atlantic City, Chicago and Paris.
Inspired by the 1931 Exposition in Paris, Trabert, Hoeffer & Mauboussin created the ‘Reflections’ range. This innovative collection made use of yellow gold and large, coloured semi-precious stones in a distinctly modern way. This range truly reflected the change in tastes of the 1930’s and 40’s.
The line was popular until the 1950’s. Trabert & Hoeffer-Mauboussin was also famous for providing Hollywood’s finest stars with exquisite, large diamond jewelry and accessories.
This arrangement between the companies survived until the 1950’s