1873 S.J. Rood began their activity in London’s Burlington Arcade. They acted as diamond merchants as well as manufacturers of jewellery. They were awarded the Royal Warrant by Queen Mary (1867- 1953). The firm was owned and controlled by the Allen family. 1998 The Company was purchased by Hancocks & Co. and Hancocks now operates out of the former S J Rood premises in Burlington Arcade.