Mortimer & Hunt (1839-1843) When Paul Storr retired from the firm Storr & Mortimer on December 31, 1838, John Samuel Hunt’s son John Hunt became a third partner and they did business as Mortimer & Hunt. Under this new partnership, John Samuel Hunt entered his first set of marks ISH (in a similar indented punch to the previous PS mark) at Goldsmiths’ Hall on 17th January 1839. Meanwhile the firm had relocated its shop to 156 New Bond Street, its manufactory remaining at 17 Harrison Street, and on 30th December 1839 entered a new set of marks IM & ISH (with and without a crown above). When John Mortimer retired in 1843, the Hunts took Robert Roskell as a partner and C.F. Hancock, continuing the business as ‘Hunt & Roskell’.