1893 The firm of Hemmerle in Munich was founded when the brothers Josef and Anton Hemmerle took over the jeweller Elchinger located at the Frauenplatz. They developed an excellent reputation for their reproductions of antique pieces, in particular for their facility with filigree work and enamel. 1900 They received a prize at the Paris World Fair. They eventually became purveyors to the Bavarian Court. 1903, the firm moved to Maximilianstrasse. Today, they continue under the leadership of Stefan Hemmerle.